- Foreign Delegates
- Previous Events
- Latest Photo Gallery
Software Technology Parks of India
Department of Electronics and Information Technology,
Ministry of Communication and IT, Govt. of India.
STPI – An Overview
Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) was established and registered as an Autonomous Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860, under the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India on 5th June 1991 with an objective to implement STP Scheme, set-up and manage infrastructure facilities and provide other services like technology assessment and professional training. STPI acts as a catalyst for software exporters. STPI provides statutory and regulatory services to the IT/ITES units through STP and EHTP scheme to promote the Software exports from the country.
STPI acts as a resource center for the member software-exporting units by offering general infrastructural facilities like ready to use built-up space with centralized computing facility and High Speed Data Communication (HSDC). STPI's proactive Single Window Clearance facility and nation wide presence has helped the STP units to achieve more than 90% of the segment's total turnover in the country, which is considered as a major contribution to the national goal of being top IT exporter in the world.
We strive to make India an IT superpower. In tune with our mandate to cater to 100 % export oriented units, STPI broadly provides services specially tailored for software exporters. An experience of more than two decades, STPI provides following world class services to the satisfaction of the industry.
We stand committed to promote and facilities Information Technology industry by providing quality services and state-of-the-art connectivity matching global standards.
Our Mandate is to promote export of IT software services in the country by providing:
(1) STP scheme: Software Technology Park (STP) scheme is a 100% Export Oriented Unit (EOU) scheme for the development and export of computer software including export of professional services using communication links or physical media. STPI acts as front end on behalf of Government of India to implement STP scheme in the designated region.
The STP scheme has been widely successful and the exports made by STP units have grown manifold over the years. The estimated total exports by STP units in 2011-12 were Rs. 226712 Crores and estimated total exports by the EHTP registered units in 2011-12 were Rs. 10019 Crores. As on 31st March 2012, around 4542 STP units were exporting and availing statutory services from STPI.
(2) EHTP Scheme: Electronics and Hardware Technology Park scheme is a 100% Export Oriented scheme for development and export of Electronics hardware. The scheme has played a key role in the growth of electronics industry of the country with increasing exports over the year.
(3) HSDC services: The backbone of IT Industry. STPI is a licensed international communication service provider and is category A Internet Service Provider (ISP) in the country.
(4) Incubation services: To enable the start up units in commencing operation immediately on inception, STPI provides high tech incubation facilities. These ready to use facility consists of all modern computing infrastructure and common services where companies can setup units with hardly any capital investment.
Incubation facilities have following features:
(5) Project Management Consultancy: STPI takes up various PMC services, which includes Network Consultancy, Infrastructure Development, Policy Formation, Feasibility Studies, Complete Network Solution, and Data Center etc.
(6) IT Managed Services / Co-Location Services
Co-location services allow client to store critical server equipment in a purpose built facility along with other client servers. The facility is managed to provide reliable networking and power and security services. If required client can access its machines by going to the facility at any time.
Block-DP, Plot No.-5/1, Sector-V
Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata -700091
Contact No.- 91-33-23673598/99,91-33-23673798/99
Fax No.-91-33-2367 3597.
STPI – HQ:
9th Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
Tel: +91-11-23476600, 23438188, Fax: 23438165