Today Indian IT industry is catering IT solutions / products / services from tiny to FORTUNE 500 companies world over in all verticals of IT including Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Embedded Technology, Software Development, Software Customisation, Web & Mobile development, Blockchain, Animation & Gaming, Robotic Process Automation, Fintech, etc across all sectors like Pharma, Logistics, Construction, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, and many more. The Indian Electronics Hardware industry is also supplying various Electronics hardware items too globally.
- By 2020, the Government of India aims to empower at least one person per household with digital literacy skills. For the same, the Government has launched various digital skilling initiatives that are aimed at empowering citizens with the knowhow of using IT and mobile devices.
- By 2022, the IT industry in India is expected to increase employment to about 2 million direct hires and 7.6 million indirect hires.
- In the technology driven start-ups, India ranked third in the world (4,750 technology start-ups in 2016)
- India has a favourable Government policy and regulatory support for the electronics & IT industry.
- The industry offers a range of services, from low-end application development to high-end integrated IT solutions across multiple verticals, with a well-developed vendor base.
- The Indian IT & software industry adheres to quality processes and standards, with most companies aligning operations with international standards.
- Software technology parks and special economic zones in India provide an affordable real estate space for IT companies.